Saturday, June 21, 2008

WHAT A LONG WEEK...its good to be home!

...Last Friday we loaded the kids in the Honda and drove to California to the Simon Family Reunion...I remember doing this as a young kid myself...the picnic hasn't changed a bit...it was exactly the same! lol

Lots of fried chicken...TONS of desserts and 100 degree temperatures, horseshoes, Hawaiian Punch...oh and I can't forget the water balloons. The kids had a blast.



...after the reunion we drove up the coast and ended up at the Beach for a few days...Stuart had some Port business. The weather was beautiful...this NEVER happens!









Over at Page Plans this week I made this Card Sketch:



I had less then one hour to pack the car and get this card made before I needed to pick Stuart up at work before heading out of town...this is what I came up with:



and here's my digital layout for this week:



Tomorrow my mother and father in law will celebrate their 42nd wedding anniversary...so I used the sketch from 2SKETCHES4YOU to make them this card...I was making all kinds of silly mistakes I must have been really tired....but I needed to get this done ~ TFL

9 comments:

Margee' said...

The reunion was same as always, but good to see family again.
Everyone seemed to enjoy themselves.

Unknown said...

Very pretty card - they are going to love it :)

Jen said...

What beautiful photos of the coast...looks like you all had a wonderful time!

Your digital layout is amazing...you have such an amazing eye!

Love the cards too...great take on both sketches!

Bella and Aidees Mom said...

I found this blog from 2 sketches for 4...Beautiful creations...Krista

Jennifer Buck said...

How fun! TFS and for the super fun sketch! This is a fav of mine for sure! Your projects are so pretty! TFS! Hope you are doing well! :)

Anonymous said...

beautiful card:)x

M@risk@ said...

Love the card and layout. Made the card with your sketch.

Mona said...

Nice LOs and cards! Wish we could have been at the reunion. :(

Gina said...

Sounds like I missed a good reunion! ;) Great Projects Nee'!