Friday, September 24, 2010

Happy Friday!

...with this Friday brings a busy weekend of FAMILY and SPORTS...tomorrow we will be doing the first of many ALS walks. My Father-in-Law was diagnosed with ALS also known as Lou Gehrig's Disease in January of this year...a lot of times unless you know someone who is fighting this terrible disease it goes unnoticed. ALS is a progressive, fatal, neuromuscular disease that slowly robs the body of its ability to walk, speak, swallow and breathe. There is no cure and the average life expectancy from time of diagnosis is 2 to 5 years...we are still trying to accept this diagnosis and do what we can for Tom...my children's PeePaw...someone they love dearly...Stuart and I along with Ben, Camryn and Mason all will be walking the 3K "because we can!" ...and you can walk too "because you can!"




Unlike most walks...it's so much more then just an event...it's time to be with family and friends... it's a time to make a true difference in the lives impacted by ALS. WE WILL WALK BECAUSE WE CAN! Help make a difference and join a walk today!

...it's also time to share a NEW Friday Sketch from over at LetsCaptureTheseSketches...by Rochelle our guest sketch designer...Didn't she do an AMAZING job with her sketch? I LOVED it...and I LOVED how my LO turned out...I used photos from our "only" outing from the entire summer...


...today's CHALLENGE was to create a handmade flower on your layout.

Here's what I did...



I also used this sketch to make a card...I used papers by The Lucky 7 Factory. (Relax it's your day is a stamp by Unity Stamp Co.)



...thanks for stopping by :) And have a fabulous weekend!

1 comment:

Margee' said...

LO and card look great!

Kids looked like they were having a great time at the ocean playing in sand and waves.

Remember the good times!