Tuesday, February 7, 2012

MUSIC is what FEELINGS sound like!




...growing up my dad would drive our little family of 5 back and forth between WA State and CA each and every summer so we could attend our {Family Reunion} ...such great childhood memories...I can remember listening to Simon and Garfunkel in the car...I still enjoy listening to them...little did I know just how much of an impact their music would have on my adult life...

"Time it was, and what a time it was, it was...A time of innocence, a time of confidences...Long ago, it must be, I have a photograph...Preserve your memories, they're all that's left you..."

I started taking pictures at a very young age...and I must have THOUSANDS of photos stored here in my house...THOUSANDS of photos of each of my children...MANY MANY PHOTOS of my dads journey with Brain Cancer...I documented that journey for our family...preserving our memories sometimes aren't just the fun and happy times...just like this little song states...they are all that's left of you! ...when we are gone our loved ones only have the photos to look at...that photograph tells the story...it's worth a thousand words...the photo above is obviously of my dad...my older sister and Gina and I...we were 9...Mona then would have been 11...we used to go fishing with my dad quite a bit...either on the bank like in this photo...or in his boat...he would bait our hooks...when we were really little...he would untangle our lines...he would help us reel in when we needed help...he was really a great dad...he was always there for us and did so many things for us and with us...I am really thankful to have these photographs...and these memories with my dad...

No comments: