Monday, June 18, 2012

...another Father's Day...

...we did a little celebrating all weekend...had lunch with Stuart's brothers on Saturday afternoon before one of them headed back out of state again...it was so good to have everyone together again...even if it was just for a little while...
...and on Sunday we missed our Dad's :'( ...it was a tough day...we started the day by visiting the cemetery...I made our dad's each one of these because I know how much they both LOVED golf and honestly I just could not make them something...
...ended the day standing on the golf course...I took this picture of Rattlesnake Mountain...looking at the sun as it was starting to go down...seeing exactly what my Dad would be seeing if he would have been on the golf course at that exact moment...the desert to my left and his favorite hole to my right...some moments of that awkward laughing...and again memories I will always cherish...I really HATE all these firsts...the first Father's Day without him...all I hoped for is he was standing beside us today...guiding us...and helping us get through the day...
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.( John 14:27)

***************************************************************************
The kids and I got Stuart some new OAKLEY's for Father's Day...he really needed some new sunglasses...Stuart really liked them...and was quite surprised!  Here's a digital LO I made today with a picture of Stuart and the kids taken yesterday...

Materials Used {HERE}

I also made Stuart one of these too for his office...
Materials Used {HERE}

I hope everyone had a nice Father's Day too!

1 comment:

Beth said...

Nice work! The "firsts" will always be hard.