Thursday, December 20, 2007

BUSY BUSY BUSY....

This morning I went to school with Ben to help the 1st and 2nd graders make their own snowflakes...they were a big hit with everyone...I ended up telling many parents and other teachers how they could make their own...so many of them were planning on running to the scrapbook store to get their own papers...this one Ben and I made for his teacher. After I made the snowflakes with the kiddos I ran home and ate some lunch...then Camryn, Mason and I headed back to the school for a concert...it was so much fun watching all the kids walk out in their nice clothes and they just all sang their little hearts out. I have never thought of Ben as a performer...oh my goodness...he's quite the little singer and dancer. He was having a really great time. After the program ended I signed Ben out of school and we ran to Rosauers for some orange extract and made these yummy cookies... Mom thank you so much for sending me the recipe. I made about 6 dozen and some are coming with me tonight to Book Club. While making the cookies we listened to Christmas Music blaring and had fun dancing and singing...it really got me in the Christmas Mood...finally!!! I was beginning to think I wasn't going to see it again this year. It also helps that the last several days we've received packages from Grandma's and Grandpa's, Aunts, Uncles and Cousins...this is what our tree already looks like...thank you so much to our family who sent us gifts...it will be very strange to not see anyone during the holidays.
Today I also received this in the mail...a very large edible cookie Christmas card...I was so surprised when I opened it up and saw it was from Roger and Sandi. So thoughtful...yes you are seeing that right - Camryn is wearing her halloween costume, actually I can't keep my kids out of their costumes LOL

3 comments:

Margee' said...

I'm so glad you enjoyed making the cookies, I didn't make any of this kind this year.

Jen said...

The cookies look yummy! Glad you found "Christmas Spirit" this year ;)

Unknown said...

YUM!!