Friday, January 20, 2012

{BAKING} can get you out of that funk right?

...this morning did NOT get off to a good start...so I decided by mid-morning that I needed to {BAKE} something to help me out of that terrible, no good...MOOD!!!

I've had this recipe for quite sometime...I do not even remember where I picked it up but {TODAY} was the day that I was going to try it out! Snow Day #2...the kids really can't even go out side because we have at least an inch of ice on top of all our snow...I think we will still have to try sledding regardless...because we are starting to go stir-crazy!

...over on FACEBOOK...I'm getting a lot of requests for the recipe so here it is...

Peanut Butter and Jelly Muffins

What you will Need:

• Non-Stick cooking spray
• 2 cups All Purpose flour
• 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
• 1 tablespoon baking powder
• 1 cup milk
• 2 large eggs
• 2/3 cup sugar
• 1 cup creamy peanut butter

• 1/3 cup Pure vegetable oil
• 1/2 cup seedless strawberry jam OR strawberry preserves
• 1/4 cup sugar

How to make it:

• HEAT oven to 375ºF. Spray muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray. Stir together flour, salt and baking powder in a large bowl. Add milk, eggs, 2/3 cup sugar, peanut butter and oil to bowl. Combine ingredients on low speed of electric mixer, just until moistened. Do not over beat.

• FILL prepared muffin cups evenly with half of the batter. Place 2 level teaspoons jam or preserves in the center of each muffin. Evenly divide remaining batter between muffin cups. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup sugar. Bake 18 to 20 minutes. Remove from oven. Cool in pan 5 minutes.



{ my review: I think they need to be sweeter...and I would add MORE peanut butter than what the recipe calls for...and more jelly :)}

1 comment:

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OH, Renee'--I'm so sorry you had a no good very bad morning--I'm glad you decided to "turn it around" (something I really need help with because I tend to stay in a bad mood or think about and chew on things WAY toooo long). Your muffins look so YUMMMMMMY! TFS:)