Sunday, July 19, 2009

Another Whirlwind Weekend...

...we've been having plenty of those...yesterday morning I took part in the 2009 Chelanman Multisport Weekend in Lake Chelan. On Saturday, they had...Triathlons: Half-Iron (3200 Meter Swim, 56 Mile Bike, 13.1 Mile Run), Olympic (1600 Meter Swim, 28 Mile Bike, 10K Run), Running Events: 10K and Half Marathon...I DID THE 10K RUN...but watching these other people bike and swim it was amazing!!! When we 1st arrived yesterday morning there had to have been 100 people in the lake swimming it really was an amazing sight...I wish I would have gotten a picture...I don't know how they do it! Swim, then get on a Bike and then Run...AMAZING...really AMAZING!!!

Today they are holding a Try-A-Tri (400 Meter Swim, 14 Mile Bike, 5K Run), Sprint
(800 Meter Swim, 14 Mile Bike, 5K Run), and a Kids Splash n' Dash.

...this was my first run ever...I was a bit intimidated I guess...right before we got started the told all the runners no audio was allowed...you immediately heard a bunch of grumbling...many people chose to break that rule...and I was one of them. Then we were all told to stay out of the way of the runners who were running for an Olympic time...so I figured as long as I always stayed to the right - and I had my music on I would be just fine...I wasn't trying for an Olympic time so I guess it didn't really matter if they tried to DQ me...I wouldn't be DQ'd for anything. We started on a hill which was tough...and I thought it was interesting that people sprinted up it...only to get to the top and just be dead! oh well that was them - actually it was pretty hard and I was feeling it myself and it was HOT - in the 80's and I'm not used to running when its that warm.

So after I get to the top and I start breathing pretty steady again I seemed to be doing pretty well until I saw the snake ;) lol

Official Time: 01:02:31: I have to admit I was a little disappointed with my time because I was shooting for 1 hour or less! I'm going to blame it on the heat and that damn snake! lol (not to mention I might be on the verge of a stress fracture :( Last weekend when I went out and ran 10 miles I know put my ankle over the edge...and I was told to stay off it but everyone who knows me knows I DO NOT LISTEN...plus I had already paid for this race and I was doing it no matter what!)
...and before I say goodbye...I wanted to give a a big THANK YOU to my hubby Stuart...for driving me up there and cheering me along the way and taking these photos for me...I know you were stressed out that you wouldn't get any good shots for me too scrapbook lol :D You did good!!!


Credits: Crystal Wilkerson, JessicaSprague.com, Ali Edwards, Carla Dudley

7 comments:

Gina said...

Good Job! Those damn snakes are always in the way of my runs! :)

Unknown said...

you are my idol girl! and darn that snake :)

Lisa H. said...

wow! I'm so inspired! you GO Girl!

Margee' said...

Great job! Seems like there are snakes every where!

Andrea D. said...

AWESOME JOB! That's so inspiring. Try not to be too hard on yourself on your time. It was your first one - and you did great! It's my goal to just run that far... any any amount of time!

Jules (theurbanzoo@wyan.org) said...

That is so cool...I admire folks that can run....I cannot....and your hubby did a GREAT job!!! FAB LO! TFS! That snake would have freaked me out too!!

Jen said...

woohoo! How did I miss this...knew it was coming up...you look awesome!
The snake...yep that would have been it for me...I am so darn scared of those things!