Monday, May 18, 2009

..."actual" training has begun!

Today marks the official 1st day of "marathon training"...ok not a full marathon....I have decided to only do a 1/2 marathon 13.1 miles sounds good enough to me!...about a month ago I started running just to see if my ankle could hold up ( as many of you know in September I basically broke my ankle during a photoshoot at the pond by our house...of all places - lol good news I didn't drop my camera - bad news its taken FOREVER for my ankle to heal, but so far so good with my ankle...but as I continue to add more distance I am beginning to feel a bit of a strain on my ankle but I am determined to so this.

This morning I got up and ran at 5:50am and good thing...today's high is supposed to be around 94. Gina, my twin sister and I decided to do this "together", we haven't done anything together in a long time...so this should be fun! Some of you might remember me blogging about her completing her 1st full marathon this last October...I'm not crazy enough to do that - lol - I think we'll do great - we are good at pushing each other and we won't let each other QUIT...not that we will, that's not in our bones...back to our training...its all mapped out...20 weeks a total of 440 miles (unless I miscounted ;)...) between now and race day.

Gina and I will be running most of our week days runs by ourselves, but our LONG Saturday runs we've decided to run together...with our busy lives, schedules and families its just easier this way, plus this way we won't have to worry about disappointing one another if we can't make it at a certain time or at all.

...day one down...

4 comments:

~Lori Roop said...

Awesome Renee!! And I think I'm good at 2 miles. lol
GL!!

Gina said...

It's all begun again . . . hard to believe I did this a year ago! But at least now I know what to expect! LOL :D I'll be on the watch out for those damn snakes too . . . already saw one on the road this morning! It's good to know that I'll have someone that I can count on to the very end this time!

Mona said...

Good luck!

Jen said...

CRAZY...but so proud of you...good luck with the training!