Friday, May 15, 2009

WOO HOO!!!



...Mother's Day may have been last Sunday...but my gift came yesterday afternoon...when we got the call a day early to go and sign our closing papers - we closed on our land!!!

When we where still living in Spokane we had picked out this land to have our new home built...and it all fell apart because our house wasn't selling...but you know that saying, "good things come to those who wait"...well we waited...and that dirt is now finally ours :) Stuart and I talked about if its meant to be - it will still be available - and it was...though someone did try to buy it out from under us right after when put in the offer...but we are fighters - lol - and they weren't taking it away from us...funny thing is..."they" weren't just people like us..."they" were builders...and well that's a whole other long story...but :) we are very happy this morning! (We grabbed the kids and went a took some photos bright and early this morning before school.)













We've actually sat down with several builders...thought we had one picked out...started working with them on plans...worked with them for several months...things started falling apart...but in the end it was all GOOD because we found the right builder and we are in the final stages right now of our house plans and I am just so excited I could scream!!! :D I can't wait for our new house...the kids can't wait...Stuart doesn't say much - he never does...but I'm sure he can't wait either.

So my little book above will help me stay organized with all the "stuff" - we've built a house before so I know I will need to keep track of a lot of things...but this build will NOT turn out like the last and FINALLY we will have our DREAM HOUSE, it may not be a dream house to others but its "OURS" and I can not wait!!!

5 comments:

Gina said...

FINALLY!!! It's all starting to fall into place . . . I can't wait to see how all of this unfolds! :)

Jen said...

Woohoo! congrats sweetie! I am so happy for you! Can't wait to see how your little book fills up with all of the fun details!

Scrapycandy said...

Congrats! You are so brave! I'm happy just remodeling..starting from scratch would be too much for me! Where's the new location?

Unknown said...

WOOHOO!!!!! so happy for you girl!!! you guys so deserve this!!!

Anita said...

Congratulations! What an adorable little book!