Friday, May 8, 2009

TGIF

I haven't felt like myself lately...in the past month 5 people Stuart and I know have been diagnosed with cancer...then this swine flu thing...I have spent the last week and a half feeling sick myself and I'm sure its just everything along with my allergies...I know that in the next couple of weeks some good things will happen :) I just know it!!!

Well the weeks just continue to fly by...its already been 3 weeks since I started running and believe it or not I have lost 8 pounds - WOO HOO!!! But those are the 8 pounds I gained back at the beginning of the year when I had to go off my headache meds when my sister and I were doing to Twin Study at the University of Washington...

...its been 6 days since I last ran...but I MADE myself get up this morning...it wasn't very windy - just a slight breeze so that made it a whole lot easier. At first when I started out it was harder but heck it had been 6 days but I wouldn't let myself stop...I pushed myself and well I did pretty good because it only took me 25 minutes to go 2.5 miles....which for some people is pretty slow - but it had been taking me 35 minutes to go 2.5 miles.

On Thursday, Camryn brought home a paper from school telling the students that Friday is bring a flower to your teacher day...to either bring in a flower or plant from your garden or from the store. Well we decided to make her teachers a flower and thanks to Gina for sharing her pattern with us we were able to finish up late last night...but we got them done...now Mason is pretty upset with me because I didn't make his teachers any...I told him that we'll put together a couple more for his teachers for the last day of school...Mason goes till May 21st so we have a couple more weeks...and maybe I can figure out why my sewing machine wasn't sewing too well by then...and Ben...well he decided he didn't want to participate in this activity...and I wasn't going to make him give his teacher a flower if he didn't want to...




I used GCD Studios pattern papers to make these - Camryn thinks they turned out great!

...well we are off to school - the kids think its a treat when I drive them and they don't have to ride the bus :) Have a great day!

4 comments:

Gina said...

Those turned out Awesome . . . and BIG!!! :) I was having sewing machine problems too, so it looks like Jakes teacher will get hers on the last day of school too!

Jen said...

awh those are adorable! look at you up early taking photos! I took in way to many gifts this week and guess what I didn't take 1 photo...I am just too worn out!

Margee' said...

Flowers look great!
What's wrong with your machine? I worked on Gina's last night and got it sewing again.

Unknown said...

OO those are soo pretty!!!